Company DescriptionCarbonCure Technologies Inc. is a carbon removal technology manufacturer that works with concrete producers to reduce their environmental impact and production costs. The technology injects captured CO₂ into concrete during mixing, where it is mineralized and permanently removed from the atmosphere. CarbonCure was named the Cleantech Group Global 100’s 2020 North American Company of the Year and is a finalist in the global NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE competition. The company's core values are innovation, sustainability, trust, high performance, collaboration, and straight talk.
CarbonCure is seeking an individual to fill the role of Engineering Project Manager based at their Dartmouth office. The Engineering Project Manager works to develop field ready CO2 injection systems, oversee system commissioning and participate in R&D with the objective to contribute to the overall success of CarbonCure Technologies and offer the best potential for commercial success and financial sustainability. Often this work will lead to intellectual property and patent development. In addition, the Engineering Project Manager is also responsible to contribute to a safe work environment at customer sites by following the required compliance programs.
- Degree in a field such as: Chemical, Process, Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering, Project Management with field experience in an industrial setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to take direction and clearly translate to team members
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and problem solve in front of customers.
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan, modify if required, and manage projects
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer skills
- Ability to write project reports and correspondence, and to speak effectively before small groups to communicate point of view
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload to achieve pre-determined goals
- Experience in a product development/R&D environment
- Experience in an industrial environment/industrial equipment installation
- Familiarity with concrete batch systems would be an asset
- Knowledge of concrete testing, cement, admixtures and CO2 would be an asset
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Self-motivated, easily adapts to new challenges and issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Individual must be organized and detail oriented
- Able to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Able to deliver high-caliber output under tight timelines, comfortable working in a work environment typical with start-up companies
- Must be willing to travel and have a valid passport
- Project management experience with equipment installation and commissioning is an asset
- Ability to read, understand and create basic electrical diagrams would be an asset
- Entry level understanding of computer languages Ladder Logic, Python, and C is an asset
- Oversee technology installation and commissioning remotely while directing contractors at concrete ready mix plants
- Oversee troubleshooting technical performance issues at existing licensee facilities
- Assemble systems based on standard operating procedures
- Continuously seek out process improvements
- Coordinate commissioning schedule and supplier deliveries
- Collect data according to the testing procedure to optimize the technology performance
- Inform management of any pertinent customer or supplier relationship developments and any technology risks or improvements
- Full-time position will be based out of the Dartmouth office
- Hours are flexible, but a minimum of eight (8) hours Monday to Friday is required, with the possibility of additional time based on project and customer demand
- Some travel may be required, both domestic and international
- High-functioning team dedicated to delighting our customers and making a global difference on climate change
- Fail fast mentality typical with start-up companies
CarbonCure is an exciting and fast-paced company that is making a significant impact on reducing CO₂ emissions in the concrete industry. The team is full of motivated and talented individuals who all work together to achieve the ultimate mission of reducing embodied CO₂ emissions by 500 megatonnes annually.
Please send all resumes and enquiries to Josh Brown, Installation Manager at email@example.com.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.