Company DescriptionCarbonCure Technologies Inc. is a carbon removal technology manufacturer that works with concrete producers to reduce their environmental impact and production costs. The technology injects captured CO₂ into concrete during mixing, where it is mineralized and permanently removed from the atmosphere. CarbonCure was named the Cleantech Group Global 100’s 2020 North American Company of the Year and is a finalist in the global NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE competition. The company's core values are innovation, sustainability, trust, high performance, collaboration, and straight talk.
CarbonCure is looking for a front-end developer to assist with ongoing projects. You’ll be working on myCarbonCure, our data platform which gives our producers insight into their operations. myCarbonCure assists and encourages our producers to integrate with the CarbonCure technology by providing real-time production data, training resources, and automated operations tools. As more producers sign on, this will be the most important source of information about their environmental impact and reduction of CO₂. The team is small, tight-knit and supportive, with emphasis on trust and independence.
- A passion for sustainability and addressing climate change
- Attention to detail with focus on the user
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1-3 years of directly related experience in front-end development
- Experience with React and Redux
- Experience with NPM to build and streamline processes
- Proven ability to translate UI/UX design mock-ups to app views
- Ability to work autonomously with the support of developers and designers
- Passionate about teamwork, through good commit messages, well-explained documentation, and clean, commented code
- Experience with Sass or Less
- Strong understanding of the UX and user-centric design processes
- Experience integrating design systems, specifically Material Design
- Experience with integrating keyframe animations
- Work with a high-functioning team dedicated to our customers and producing high quality output
- Participate in on-going discussions and contribute ideas that speak to project objectives like design, user experience, development, testing solutions, and tools
Why Work Here?
- Actively participate in a tangible cleantech solution in the fight against climate change
- Join a small team where your contributions are critical to everyone’s success
- Compensation based on experience
- Work laptop of your choosing
- Work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Remote work with flexible hour
- Full-time position is remote and/or based in our Dartmouth, NS headquarters
- Hours are flexible, but a minimum of eight (8) hours Monday to Friday is required, with the possibility of additional time based on project and customer demand
- Fail fast mentality typical with start-up companies
CarbonCure is an exciting and fast-paced company that is making a significant impact on reducing CO₂ emissions in the concrete industry. The team is full of motivated and talented individuals who all work together to achieve the ultimate mission of reducing embodied CO₂ emissions by 500 megatonnes annually.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, citizenship status, marital status, actual or perceived sexual orientation. We value diversity and recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. If you feel passionate about this opportunity and believe that you have the skills to excel in this role, apply! Or if this sounds like someone you know, please share this posting.