Company DescriptionCarbonCure Technologies is an award-winning Canadian clean technology company leading a global mission to reduce the carbon footprint of the built environment. CarbonCure is striving to achieve 500 megatonnes of annual carbon dioxide (CO₂) emissions reductions through the standardization of CO₂ utilization in concrete production. Our CO₂ mineralization technology is proudly manufactured in Halifax, Nova Scotia. CarbonCure was named the Cleantech Group Global 100’s Top North American Company in 2020 and is a finalist in the global NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE competition.
In support of our commitment to providing an engaging and rewarding work experience for each and every member of our team, we are actively seeking an experienced HR Generalist to support our commitment to growing an inclusive and diverse team. Reporting to the President, this is a unique and exciting opportunity for a passionate HR professional who values innovation and diversity and thrives in a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
This newly created, hands-on HR role is an ideal opportunity for a skilled communicator with a solid HR foundation to make a lasting contribution in the following areas of our business: Culture & Employee Engagement; Recruitment, Retention and Succession Planning; Diversity, Equity & Inclusion; HR Policies, Procedures and Best Practices; Individual and Team Growth Management; Training and Development; Wellness, Health and Safety; Compensation and Benefits; Internal Communications; and Employment Legislation and Regulatory Compliance.
- A minimum of 5 years of dedicated experience in a full-scope Human Resources role is required
- Post-Secondary education (degree or certificate) in Human Resources or related field
- Technically minded with a solid grasp of MS Office and HR tools, such as LinkedIn and HRIS (i.e. BambooHR)
- Experience leading respectful and effective conflict resolution
- Understanding of legal compliance with respect to relevant employment, labour, and health & safety legislation
- Prior experience supporting employees in a remote environment would be considered a significant asset
- International experience is an asset
- Multilingualism is considered an asset
- CPHR designation would be an asset
- Positive, authentic, mindful and self-aware with the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility
- Highly accountable and able to make independent decisions, probe, analyze and problem-solve
- Genuinely engaging approach with excellent written, oral, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, including effective prioritization and follow-up
- Flexible and adaptable, with a sharp focus on meeting individual, team and company objectives
- Proven ability to respond professionally and confidentially to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- This role is primarily based out of our Dartmouth, Nova Scotia office–with some remote work
- Must have the drive and ability to coordinate with other team members of assorted responsibilities situated across multiple time zones
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
Our team is made up of energetic entrepreneurially-minded individuals who are passionate about collaborating with our concrete producer customers to drive meaningful solutions to combat climate change. Besides being dedicated to our mission, we believe in work-life balance and an active involvement in the local community. We value integrity and accountability, and our core values include high performance, collaboration, straight-talk, and continued innovation.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.