Company DescriptionCarbonCure Technologies Inc. is a carbon utilization technology manufacturer that works with concrete producers to reduce their environmental impact and production costs. The technology injects captured CO₂ into concrete during mixing, where it is mineralized and permanently removed from the atmosphere. CarbonCure was named the Cleantech Group Global 100’s 2020 North American Company of the Year and is a finalist in the global NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE competition. The company's core values are innovation, sustainability, trust, high performance, collaboration, and straight talk.
CarbonCure’s international business model is to license its proprietary technology to concrete producers via authorized distributors that sell, install, and service in their respective markets. CarbonCure's technology allows concrete producers to capture production efficiencies while delivering a low-carbon concrete. CarbonCure is experiencing aggressive growth as our technology and value propositions are becoming globally recognized.
The outside Territory Manager will use their B2B sales skills to expand the network of concrete producer licensees of CarbonCure's technology to new international markets. While initial sales to early adopter concrete producers will be done directly, the Territory Manager will also recruit and manage a network of CarbonCure Authorized Distributors, who will continue the in-market commercial activities.
This role will appeal to those interested helping a fast-growing company achieve over 500 megatonnes of annual global CO₂ emission reductions. Experience in licensing industrial equipment, and selling business opportunities, franchises, or distributorships is an asset. Strong skills in managing third parties, qualifying opportunities, developing remote relationships, and managing a CRM opportunity pipeline are required.
- Degree in Business, Marketing, or International Trade is desirable.
- 5+ years experience in an outside B2B technical sales position, selling both directly and indirectly via distribution.
- Proven success in opening new markets and delivering strong sales results.
- Able to interact with a variety of external audiences including business owners, senior managers, government officials, trade associations, and industry contacts.
- Entrepreneurial, results-driven, and outgoing with a strong consultative selling style.
- Excellent English skills (oral, business writing, and technical webinar delivery).
- Self-motivated and can work independently/ remotely as well as in a team.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and priority management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills with an attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working with technical products and services.
- Experience working in, or selling to, international markets is an asset.
- Familiarity with industrial or construction environments is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills (typing, MS Office, Google Suite, and Salesforce).
- Fluency in other languages (i.e. Spanish, German, Japanese, Mandarin) is an asset.
- Develop strategic plans to increase both distributors and customers within the assigned territory.
- Collaborate with inside Business Development Managers to further qualify new customer and distributor opportunities.
- Negotiate and renegotiate agreements with customers and distributors.
- Establish strong relationships with existing distributors and customers using a consultative sales approach.
- Oversee existing distributors to ensure sales targets and minimum standards are met.
- Assist distributors with concrete producers key industry audience (AEC) interactions.
- Apply product knowledge appropriately and effectively to deliver growth targets.
- Identify opportunities for improvements that will contribute to continued customer and distributor growth and retention.
- Document daily sales pipeline activities (calls, emails, meetings, webinars) in Salesforce.
- Regularly meet with management to review actions, objectives, and results to align with the strategic objectives.
- Ensure all interactions are professional, in support of CarbonCure’s brand and values.
- Position is full-time and based in either Dartmouth, NS or Vancouver, BC.
- Standard working hours may vary to accommodate meetings in other time zones.
- Up to 50% international travel may be required, subject to COVID-19 travel restrictions.
- Salary to be based on experience and qualifications.
CarbonCure is an exciting and fast-paced company that is making a significant impact on reducing CO₂ emissions in the concrete industry. The team is full of motivated and talented individuals who all work together to achieve the ultimate mission of reducing embodied CO₂ emissions by 500 megatonnes annually.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, citizenship status, marital status, actual or perceived sexual orientation. We value diversity and recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. If you feel passionate about this opportunity and believe that you have the skills to excel in this role, apply! Or if this sounds like someone you know, please share this posting.