Field Engineer, CarbonCure Technologies
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Close Date: November 5th
CarbonCure Technologies is a leading Canadian clean technology company, deploying CO2-utilization solutions to the concrete industry. Our company’s proprietary technology is a unique method of beneficially repurposing waste CO2 to make concrete stronger, greener and less expensive to produce. CarbonCure has received international attention as one of the top 100 Global Cleantech companies and is a semi-finalist in the NGR COSIA Carbon XPrize.
Our team is made up of entrepreneurially minded individuals from the US and Canada. Beyond being dedicated and passionate about our work, we believe in work-life balance and maintaining active involvement in the local community. We believe in thinking outside of the box and shaking up old practices. Our team always goes the extra mile to deliver exceptional results whether it is amongst our own, in front of our customers, or with our broader community.
Nature and Scope
Under the direction of the VP Engineering, the Field Engineer works to develop field ready CO2 injection systems, oversees system installation and commissioning and participates in R&D with the objective to contribute to the overall success of CarbonCure Technologies. Often this work will lead to intellectual property and patent development.
In addition, the Field Engineer is also responsible to contribute to a safe work environment both in the lab and at customer sites by following the required compliance programs.
- Oversee technology installation and commissioning at customer facilities
- Oversee troubleshooting technical performance issues at existing customer facilities
- Continuously seek out process improvements
- Coordinate commissioning schedule and supplier deliveries
- Collect and interpret data according to the testing procedure to optimize the technology performance
- Inform management of any pertinent customer or supplier relationship developments and any technology risks or improvements
- Work with the business unit to transfer plant performance information to improve accuracy of financial modeling
- Extensive travel will be required both in Canada and the USA with possibility of relocation
- Support R&D planning
- Update technology designs
- Collaborate with manufacturers and other technology partners
- Conduct laboratory research and development
- Participate in interpretation of R&D and commissioning data
- Write technical reports and progress updates
- Support market development activities with engineering information
Our Requirements and Expectations
- A Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Civil Engineering
- 3-5 years of field experience in an industrial setting and experience with programmable logic controllers. New graduates will not be considered for this position
- Basic computer proficiency in excel, IT systems (ie. Salesforce)
- Experience writing project reports and correspondence, and to speaking effectively before small groups to communicate multiple points of view
- Experience in a product development/R&D environment.
- Knowledge of concrete, cement, admixtures and CO2 would be an asset
- Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan, modify if required, and manage projects.
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
- Critical thinking, logical planning, and the ability to draw conclusions from data.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills will be essential
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload to achieve pre-determined goals
- Ability to work independently and problem solve in front of customers
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Self-motivated, easily adapts to new challenges and issues
- Working hours typical for a high-growth technology company
- Frequent pressure to meet deadlines
- Proficient with basic IT systems (eg. Salesforce)
- Frequent travel on short notice
- Laboratory and industrial environment
- 50% travel around Canada and the United States with possibility of relocation
- Commensurate with experience
Please submit your application to email@example.com with the subject line reading “Field Engineer” by midnight on Sunday November 5th, 2017.