Adding CarbonCure to your Mix Design Submittal is the easiest way to lower the carbon footprint of your concrete
CarbonCure Concrete Admixture
CarbonCure’s technology incorporates carbon dioxide (CO2 ) during the mixing process, which acts as a cement hydration-enhancing admixture based on the CO2 mineralization process. This allows for a reduction in cement use - and a reduced carbon footprint - without compromising the fresh properties, strength, or durability performance of the concrete.
Meets ASTM C494 requirements for Type S, Specific Performance Admixtures.
• Reduces the carbon footprint of concrete
• Improves both early and late stages of compressive strengths
• Enables optimized, lower cement content, and better-performing concrete mixtures
• Suitable for ready mix and precast concrete
• Follows the ACI 211 Standard Recommended Practice for Selecting Proportions for Concrete
How It Works:
CarbonCure creates carbon removal technologies that introduce recycled CO2 into fresh concrete to reduce its carbon footprint, without compromising performance.
Once injected into the mix, the CO2 undergoes a mineralization process (i.e., it chemically converts into a nano-scale calcium carbonate mineral) and becomes permanently embedded in the concrete, which aids in cement hydration efficiency and can result in economic and climate benefits.
Guidelines for Use:
• Dosage: Recommends 0.1 - 10.0 fl oz/cwt of cement. The dosage depends on various factors and requires pre-testing for the best results.
• Mixing: Mix for at least 30 seconds after CO2 injection.
• Comes in bulk and is delivered by tanker truck to an on-site pressurized storage tank for dispensing by means of the CO2 metering equipment.
• The CO2 should be 99% pure or higher. Details in data sheet CAS No: 124-38-9.
CarbonCure concrete admixture is dispensed from a storage tank of liquid CO2 (sourced from a local industrial gas supplier), and integrated into the regular batch sequencing for concrete mixing.
• Continuous testing by the producer is advised, especially with changes in materials or sequencing.
• Ensure regular maintenance for optimum CO2 injection system performance.
CarbonCure Concrete Admixture is very easy to add to the mix design submittal — no additional time or resources are required.