Company DescriptionCarbonCure Technologies Inc. is a carbon removal technology manufacturer that works with concrete producers to reduce their environmental impact and production costs. The technology injects captured CO₂ into concrete during mixing, where it is mineralized and permanently removed from the atmosphere. CarbonCure was named the Cleantech Group Global 100’s 2020 North American Company of the Year and is a finalist in the global NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE competition. The company's core values are innovation, sustainability, trust, high performance, collaboration, and straight talk.
Position: Full Time; Permanent
Under the direction of the Director of Technical Services, the Technical Services Engineer works primarily in support of the Technical Services Manager and Director to provide post-equipment installation support, customer service and technical recommendations.
The objective of the role is to contribute to the overall success of new and existing customers. The Technical Services Engineer will work closely with the Technical Services Manager to ensure seamless integration of the technology in ready mix concrete plants across North America. CarbonCure is seeking Representatives who possess both interpersonal and technical skills, however, the scope of this role is primarily customer service-based and applicants with demonstrated technical sales and customer service backgrounds will be prioritized. Training opportunities on technical standards will be provided. Overall, CarbonCure is looking for someone that will be fully invested in customer success as a professional mandate.
In addition, the Technical Services Engineer is also responsible to contribute to a safe work environment at customer sites by following the required internal and external compliance programs.
The Technical Services Engineer must know:
- Standardized field testing for concrete on various ready mix concrete plant sites
- Provide top-notch, on-site support to Quality Control and Technical Services staff and advise on product integration into customers’ existing operations
- Oversee troubleshooting of technical performance issues at customer facilities
- In collaboration with the Field Engineering team, inspect and make recommendations on service requirements for installed equipment
- Prepare customer testing reports (technical writing)
- Concrete specific data analysis, visualization and management
- Extensive travel will be required both in Canada and the USA
- How to use various computer programs, including MS Office Suite; possessing a high proficiency in MS Excel and G-Suite products
- How to complete basic standardized field testing on fresh concrete
The Technical Services Engineer must be able to:
- Provide excellent customer support and develop strong, trust-based relationships with clients
- Actively listen and effectively problem solve
- Communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing; a strong telephone presence is required
- Learn and efficiently use internal Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database software programs, primarily Salesforce.com
- Utilize MS Office Suite to type, edit, format, and revise documentation and analyze customer data using Excel
- Handle sensitive customer data and trade secrets with discretion and integrity
- Use hand tools, such as ratchets, wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, multi-meters, etc.
- Demonstrate attention to detail to ensure accuracy of information
- Prepare customer-facing technical reports
- Prioritize and manage time effectively
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated excellence in customer support, service and relationship development, including personal and professional references
- Demonstrated technical aptitude that allows one to professionally understand, develop and present technical solutions to technical end users
- Background in the construction, admixtures, civil engineering, cement and concrete industry considered a strong asset
- An undergraduate degree or diploma in civil engineering or civil engineering technology considered an asset
- Driver’s License and clear driving record
- Passport and legal ability to travel internationally within Canada and the USA
- Must be able to lift loads up to and including 50 lbs
- Must be able to work on feet for up to eight (8) hours at a time
- Extensive travel required
- Significant cross-country air travel required (50-75% of time)
- Remote position – work from home during office time
- Strong level of independence in role
- Requires working in a heavy industrial environment (ready mix concrete plants)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
CarbonCure is an exciting and fast-paced company that is making a significant impact on reducing CO₂ emissions in the concrete industry. The team is full of motivated and talented individuals who all work together to achieve the ultimate mission of reducing embodied CO₂ emissions by 500 megatonnes annually.
Please send all resumes and enquiries to Shannon Seipel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.