Position: Full-Time; Permanent
Under the direction of the Director of Technical Services, the Technical Services Representative works primarily in support of customer quality control teams to provide new product implementation expertise, customer support and technical recommendations.
The objective of the role is to contribute to the overall technical success of new and existing customers. The Technical Services Representative will work closely with Technical Services Manager to ensure seamless integration of the technology in ready mix concrete plants across the Western Region (CA, OR, WA, UT, AZ, NV, ID, BC, AB) of North America. CarbonCure is seeking Representatives who possess both interpersonal and technical skills. Overall, CarbonCure is looking for someone that will be fully invested in customer success as a professional mandate.
In addition, the Technical Services Representative is also responsible to contribute to a safe work environment at customer sites by following the required internal and external compliance programs.
The Technical Services Representative must know:
- Standardized field testing for concrete on various ready mix concrete plant sites
- Provide top-notch, on-site support to Quality Control and Technical Services staff and advise on product integration into customers’ existing operations
- Oversee troubleshooting of technical performance issues at customer facilities
- In collaboration with the Field Engineering team, inspect and make recommendations on service requirements for installed equipment
- Prepare customer testing reports (technical writing)
- Concrete specific data analysis, visualization and management
- Travel will be required both in Canada and the USA
- How to use various computer programs, including MS Office Suite; possessing a high proficiency in MS Excel and G- Suite products
- How to complete standardized field testing on fresh concrete
The Technical Services Representative must be able to:
- Provide excellent customer support and develop strong, trust-based relationships with clients
- Actively listen and effectively problem solve
- Communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with Quality Control and Technical Services staff in the concrete industry, as well as with co-workers and other stakeholders encountered; a strong telephone presence is required
- Learn and efficiently use internal Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database software programs, primarily Salesforce.com
- Utilize MS Office Suite to type, edit, format, and revise documentation and analyze customer data using Excel
- Handle sensitive customer data and trade secrets with discretion and integrity
- Use hand tools, such as ratchets, wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, multi-meters, etc.
- Demonstrate attention to detail to ensure accuracy of information
- Prepare customer-facing technical reports
- Prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ten (10) years of experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated excellence in customer support, service and relationship development, including personal and professional references
- Demonstrated technical aptitude that allows one to professionally understand, develop and present technical solutions to technical end users
- Background in the construction, admixtures, civil engineering, cement and concrete industry
- An undergraduate degree or diploma in civil engineering or civil engineering technology considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license and clear driving record
- Valid passport and legal ability to travel internationally within Canada and the USA
- Must be able to lift loads up to and including 50 lbs
- Must be able to work on feet for up to 8-hours at a time
- Extensive travel
Travel required (50% of time)
Remote position – work from home during office time
Strong level of independence in role
Requires working in a heavy industrial environment (ready mix concrete plants)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
CarbonCure is an exciting and fast-paced company that is making a significant impact on CO₂ emissions in the concrete and cement industries. The team is full of motivated and talented individuals who all work together to achieve the ultimate mission of reducing CO₂ emissions by 500 megatonnes annually.
Please send all resumes and enquiries to Diane Praught, Director of Technical Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.