Job Position: Accounting Manager
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
CarbonCure Technologies is a Canadian clean technology organization leading a global mission to reduce the carbon footprint of the concrete industry. The CarbonCure Technology uses recycled carbon dioxide (CO₂) to help concrete producers realize manufacturing efficiencies and reduce their carbon footprint. The CarbonCure Technology, which is proudly manufactured in Dartmouth, NS, is installed in over 100 concrete plants in Canada, the US, and South-east Asia. CarbonCure has received international attention as one of the top 100 Global Cleantech companies for four consecutive years and is a finalist in the NGR COSIA Carbon XPrize.
Our team is a made up of energetic entrepreneurially-minded individuals from the US and Canada with global operations. Besides being dedicated and passionate about our work, we believe in work-life balance and active involvement in the local community. We believe in concepts like straight-talk, thinking outside of the box, and shaking up old practices. Be it amongst our team, in front of our customers or with our broader community, we always go the extra mile to deliver exceptional results.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Accounting Manager will play a critical role in enhancing the effectiveness and the efficiency of the daily operations of the finance department. The Accounting Manager role requires someone experienced and knowledgeable in full cycle bookkeeping and financial reporting with superior organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and a passion for detail. The successful candidate must demonstrate a positive attitude and a track record of being able to function in a fast-paced, dynamic and rewarding work environment.
• Proven organizational and time management skills with the ability to be flexible
• Strategic problem solving, decision making and analytical skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Excellent communication skills, organizational abilities and proven attention to detail
• Proficiency with accounting software, including accounting systems conversions
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Willingness and comfort with taking initiative and working in a dynamic environment
Duties and Responsibilities
• Day-to-day accounting, including bookkeeping & full cycle accounting
• Preparation of monthly & quarterly financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows.
• Monthly reconciliations, working papers, oversight and management of A/P and A/R
• Preparation of monthly budget to actual reporting and analysis
• Government and grant funding applications, claim filings and fulfilment
• Assist with an accounting system conversion
• Participation in annual budgeting process
• Support the annual audit process
• Other ad hoc duties as required
• Post-secondary education
• Minimum of three years of relevant work experience
• CPA designation considered a strong asset
• Full-time position
• Working hours typical for that of a high-growth technology company
• Limited travel may be required
• Salary based on experience and qualifications
Interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
For more information on CarbonCure please visit our website at carboncure.com.